Public Works is comprised of Street Maintenance,
Tree Maintenance, and the Water
Submitting Service Requests
Use the online Service Request System to report problems with water meters, potholes, sidewalks, graffiti or street signs.
Capital Improvement Program 2012 – 2017
Street Maintenance provides minor maintenance to the city streets,
sidewalks, curbs, and gutters, and maintains, replaces, and installs
street and traffic signs. Street Maintenance also maintains, removes,
installs, and/or changes curb markings as directed by Traffic Safety
Committee, removes graffiti from city property, and creates a working
atmosphere where cooperation and unity exist between street, tree,
and water crews.
Street Maintenance's key objectives are to:
Water Main & Street Repair Phase 1 to 3
- Repair potholes within two working days of report 50% of the
time and within 5 working days 100% of the time.
- Replace sidewalks damaged by city trees (less than 100 square
feet) within 20 days after root pruning or stump removal 90% of
the time and within 30 working days 100% of the time.
- Remedy reported trip fall hazards within 24 hours of the report
100% of the time.
- Change, replace, remove, and add curb markings as directed by
the Traffic Safety Commission within 15 working days 100% of the
- Remove reported graffiti from city property within two working
Minor street maintenance schedule
Major street maintenance schedule - 1 to 3 years
Slurry Seal Program - Part 2 Map
Tree Maintenance keeps city parkway trees properly trimmed for safety,
tree health, and aesthetic purposes, handles all parkway tree emergencies,
and creates a working atmosphere where cooperation and unity exist
between street, tree, and water crews.
Tree Maintenance's key objectives are to:
- Set up a routine tree trimming schedule by area.
- Handle tree trimming requests within 14 working days of receiving
the request 90% of the time and 100% of the time within 21 working
- Remove trees approved for removal by City Council within 14
working days after posting of the tree 90% of the time and 100%
of the time within 21 working days.
- Remove the stumps of trees that were cut down within 20 working
days after removal of the tree 90% of the time, and within 30 working
days 100% of the time.
- Plant and replant 36 trees each fiscal year.
24373 Walnut St
24300 Narbonne Avenue
The Water Department delivers quality potable water to the citizens of Lomita,
maintains the water distribution system,
changes damaged water meters in order to keep accurate accounts of water purchased by our customers,
and tracks water purchased from the West Basin Municipal Water District
(WBMWD) to insure proper delivery of purchased water and related billing.
The Water Department also keeps the City Council and the City Administrator apprised of issues concerning the City Water Department,
starts all processes to build reservoir and treatment facility for City Well #5,
and creates a working atmosphere where cooperation and unity exist between water,
and tree crews.
The Water Department's key objectives are to:
Customer Order Form (PDF)
- Respond to all water quality complaints within 8 working hours after receiving
the complaint and to produce a report and/or resolve the issue within two working days.
- Flush all end mains and problem water mains annually.
- Use City crews to replace 800 to 1000 feet of water mains annually.
- Have a confirmed site and a set of building plans for the new reservoir by June 30, 1999
and to contact West Basin Municipal Water District to have them resume testing Well #5
to determine the treatment needed to place the well in service.
- Coordinate water system improvements with street